A Pilates Retreat with a Difference!
At Create Retreats, it’s not only about the Pilates, it is so much more.
People come to us for a variety of reasons. We offer an alternative holiday, an opportunity to invest in yourself and enjoy relaxation, culture, culinary experiences, therapies and well being.
Whatever your reasons, we welcome you into our second home in the tranquil setting of Elounda Bay, Crete, where we will do our best to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
“Sometimes the only way to move forward is to retreat”
Pilates has so many health benefits for your body and your mind.
On our retreat experience, Gill offers mat-based Pilates classes and mindfulness relaxation in an absolutely beautiful setting.
Gill incorporates a range of techniques with clinical modifications to allow safe and challenging progression for everyone. Whether you’re completely new to Pilates or you’re an expert, Gill offers a multi-level session accommodating everyone’s individual needs.
You will have the opportunity to explore your internal environment, gain a deeper understanding of your anatomy, learn to work with your body and not against it, connect back with your breath and discover techniques to develop your strength and flexibility.
Your daily sessions in this wonderful environment will enhance your practice in new ways and leave you with a true sense of wellbeing.
Gill is an educator and gives you so many tips along the way and your lessons are modified to suit you as an individual. You are asked to complete a health screening questionnaire prior to your trip so any health issues or limitations can be addressed. This will help you get the most out of your sessions. At the end of your week you will receive a video and some handouts that will encourage you to keep up a regular practice.
Gill and Andreas will guide you through the North East of Crete giving you a local perspective and helping you to discover this beautiful Island at its most authentic. You spend social time with their charming friends and family, helping you to integrate even further to their Mediterranean way of life.
A combination of Pilates, therapies, Cretan cuisine, cultural experiences by sea and by land, swimming in the crystal clear turquoise seas, bright sunshine and much more; this retreat will leave you feeling revitalised and having made lifelong friends and memories.
The following are all included within your package:
- A light meal will await you on arrival.
- Beautiful accommodation all with balconies and idyllic breathtaking sea views looking onto the famous Elounda Bay with Spinalonga Island in the distance.
- Kitchen facilities, a private bathroom, air conditioning and a safe are provided in all rooms.
- A welcome basket with local produce.
- A complimentary treatment of your choice from one of our experienced on-site Therapists.
- Swimming pool with sun loungers and a stunning view.
- A hand picked library delivered to your door by our dear friend Nell for you to enjoy.
- Welcome meeting where you will receive a comprehensive booklet with all of the information you need to feel at home, including recipes from Greek Mama.
- A short talk by Andreas on the history of Crete.
- Learn the basics of the Greek language.
- Your day starts with 1.5 hours morning Pilates practice in our own private studio, combining stretching, strengthening, releasing your body and quieting your mind through intelligent movement patterns, followed by a deep relaxation.
- A rich and nutritious Cretan breakfast/brunch daily.
- A visit to the buzzing local market in the nearby town of Agios Nikolaos as well lunch at a busy taverna highly awarded for their great food*
- A guided tour of BioAroma to discover the health and beauty benefits of the 100% natural herbal products followed by a trip to the traditional village of Kritsa and lunch in a taverna*
- A private boat trip to the Island of Spinalonga where we can have a wander around this fascinating island, the last leper colony in the world, followed by a boat trip to a secluded bay where we can swim, eat, and drink in privacy*
- Farewell lunch with Gill and Andreas to reflect on your week and to make sure your lasting taste is a very sweet one!
*More detailed information on trips included in the package can be found below.
*Please note that flights are not included.
Included Activities: The Cretan Experience
As mentioned above, there are a number of excursions which are included within the package so that you can enjoy the full Cretan experience in all its glory.
Crete, with its diverse landscape and its optimal climate conditions, has been recognized as a botanical paradise. It boasts over 2000 herbs and flowers – many of which are only found in Crete. BioAroma owners Manousos and Calia had a big dream; to bring the 100% natural cosmetic products of the Minoans 4000 years ago back to life and they did it! With extensive studies in chemistry, a huge passion, love for their culture and a lot of hard work, they have managed to create a global award-winning company.
Creams, ointments, oils and remedies with no additives are produced from herbs and flowers that they cultivate organically on their land. This is waiting for you on day 2 of our tour to see how it’s done from the field to the shelves.
Following your trip to Bioaroma, you will be driven inland to the old traditional village of Kritsa. With the narrow winding streets, it’s like a labyrinth.
The dozens of churches, the old people sitting outside of their homes and traditional goods being sold in the shops has made Kritsa the perfect background for many films.
Wandering around Kritsa will take you back in time and sitting for lunch underneath the huge platanos tree in the heart of the village will take you into a good place of tranquility and peace.
Spinalonga (long thorn) is a small island with an impressive fort built by the Venetians in 1579 to protect the harbour of Elounda. In 1715, the Turks made it their home until 1903 when Crete became free again and the Cretan republic made Spinalonga into a colony for lepers until 1953 when they discovered the medicine to cure leprosy. Many stories have been told and written about this tragic island (read “The Island” by Victoria Hislop).
We will sail on our private boat to the island where we can wander around at our leisure. We will take sail again to an untouched little bay for a swim in the crystal clear waters, enjoying music and refreshments. We will spend a couple of hours in the quaint little fishing village of Plaka for some shopping and then onto our favourite restaurant overlooking the Elo
Optional: An Exciting Road Trip with Andreas
As well as all of the activities mentioned above, we highly recommend the amazing road trip experience with Andreas which is available for an additional cost (pre-booking is essential).
Culture and Cuisine Road Trip
This day trip with Andreas is highly recommended as he will take you to well chosen sites of interest off the beaten track.
Go back in time walking the paths of the most preserved Minoan City which is drenched in history, sit on the roots of the oldest olive tree in Europe (3,250 years old) and swim in the crystal clear waters of the Cretan sea.
Andreas will then take you to enjoy a culinary experience in a traditional village taverna overlooking the Mirabello gulf. It is an unforgettable experience.